Are you thinking about installing a new HVAC unit in your Maryland home? R.E Robertson installs many different brands of units to fit your needs and budget. While there are many different brands of HVAC units, you should still do your homework on all your options. Before installing a new unit you should ask yourself a few questions.
- Has your house any any upgrades over the years such as new windows, insulation upgrades or have you added any square feet to your living space? If you have installed new windows and upgraded your insulation, the size of the new unit could be slightly smaller. However, if you have built an addition or closed in that screen porch to add more living space chances are you will need a larger unit.
- Do you just need to heat and cool that extra living space that was added? If so, it might be more cost effective to go with a complete new system just for that addition. You could go with a conventional HVAC system or possibly a Mini Split ductless system,which is wall or ceiling hung unit with an outside compressor. The Mini Splits are a great way to go in many instances.
- Does your family have allergies? Air cleaners are almost essential now with dust, pollen, pollution, pet dander and bacteria in the air. If so you might want to go with an upgraded filtration system.
- Dehumidifiers for the Summer time will help prevent mold and mildew.
- Humidifiers for the Winter are a great way to alleviate static electricity, sore throats and dry skin. Controlling the Dampness and dryness of you home is an important part of keeping your family healthy.